Rice and Bean Salad with Fish
Such a delicious, healthy dinner that is quick and easy to prepare
- 1 small avocado
- 2 x bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- 2 x spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 x lime, juiced
- 1 tbs of Mexican spice mix
- 400g can four bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 420g can of corn kernels, drained
- 200g cocktail truss tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2tbs pickled jalapenos
- 600g skinned and bone ling fillets (or chicken breast sliced)
- 250g microwave wild rice medley
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- Step 1 Halve the avocado, take out the stone and put the flesh into a blender. Chop up the coriander leaves. Use half of the coriander leaves, half the spring onion, half the lime and half the spice mixture with 1/4 x cup of water. Mix in a blender unter nice and smooth.
- Step 2 Put in a bowl the bean mix, corn, tomato, jalapenos and put the remainder of the coriander, lime juice and the olive oil. Stir well and put aside.
- Step 3 Sprinkle the rest of the mexican spice mix over the fish. Heat some oil in a pan over a high heat. Cook the fish for just a few minutes or until cooked to how you like your fish.
- Step 4 If using chicken sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken, put some oil in the frying pan on a high heat and cook for around 10-12 minutes on a high heat. Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through
- Step 5 Heat the rice up in the microwave. Place the rice in the salad bowl and throw in the cos lettuce.
- Step 6 Serve the salad with the fish or chicken on top and garnish with the avocado salsa and some fresh coriander.